Yue WAN, PhD
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Senior Research Scientist, Genome Institute of Singapore
Society in Science- Branco Weiss Fellow
|Degree and Institution||Year(s)|
|Ph.D in Cancer Biology Program, Stanford University, USA||2007-2013|
|B.S. in Biochemistry and Cell Biology, University of California, San Diego||2003-2006|
|Position and Institute||Year(s)|
|Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS||2017 - present|
|Senior Research Scientist, Genome Institute of Singapore||2016 - present|
|Junior Principle Investigator/GIS fellow, Genome Institute of Singapore||2013 - 2016|
She is interested in studying functional RNA structures and understanding their roles in regulating cellular biology.
Current Research Projects
Lab website: ywanlab.com
- Studying how RNA structure impact cellular states.
- Understanding RNA interaction networks in different organisms.
- Studying the genome organization of RNA viruses.
- Jong Ghut Ashley Aw, Yang Shen, Niranjan Nagarajan, Yue Wan (2017) Mapping RNA-RNA interactions globally using biotinylated psoralen. J Vis Exp. 2017 May 24;(123).
- Minh N. Nguyen, Adelene Y. L. Sim, Yue Wan, M. S. Madhusudhan and Chandra Verma (2016) Topology independent comparison of RNA 3D structures using the CLICK algorithm. Nucleic Acids Research, doi: 10.1093/nar/gkw819
- Jong Ghut Ashley Aw1*, Andreas Wilm2*, Miao Sun2*, Yang Shen2, Xin Ni Lim1, Kum-Loong Boon1, Yun-Shen Chan3, Tong Zhang4, Sidika Tapsin1, Teodorus Theo Susanto1, Niranjan Nagarajan2Ɨ, Yue Wan1Ɨ (2016) In vivo mapping of eukaryotic RNA interactomes reveals principles of higher-order organization and regulation. Molecular Cell 2016 May 19;62(4):603-17
- Huibin Zhang, Teodorus T Susanto, Yue Wan, Swaine L. Chen (2016) Comprehensive mutagenesis of fimS reveals novel regulation of Type 1 pili in uropathogenic Escherichia coli. PNAS, 2016 Apr 12;113(15):4182-7. (Impact factor: 9.67)
- Yue Wan*ᶧ, Kun Qu*, Qiangfeng Cliff Zhang, Ohad Manor, Zhenqgqing Ouyang, Jiajing Zhang, Michael P. Snyder, Eran Segal and Howard Y. Changᵼ. (2013) Landscape and variation of RNA secondary structure across the human transcriptome. Nature 2014 Jan 30;505(7485):706-9. *These authors contributed equally. ᶧ Co-corresponding authors. (Impact factor: 38.6)
- Ibrahim Avsar IIik, Jeffrey J Quinn, Plamen Georgiev, Filipe Tavares-Cadete, Daniel Maticzka, Sarah Toscano, Yue Wan, Robert C. Spitale, Nicholar Luscombe, Rolf Backofen, Howard Y. Chang and Asifa Akhtar. (2013)Tandem Stem-Loops in roX RNAs Act Together to Mediate X Chromosome Dosage Compensation in Drosophila. Molecular Cell 2013 Jul 25;51(2):156-73.(Impact factor: 15.3)
- Yue Wan, Kun Qu, Zhengqing Ouyang and Howard Y. Chang. (2013) Genome-wide mapping of RNA structure using nuclease digestion and high-throughput sequencing. Nature Protocols, 2013 May;8(5):849-69. (Impact factor: 7.96)
- Man Zhang, Lili Li, Zhongfeng Wang, Huijuan Liu, Junlin Hou, Min Zhang, Aijun Hao, Yun Liu, Guang He, Yongyong Shi, Lin He, Xueying Wang, Yue Wan* and Baojie Li* (2012). A role for c-Abl in cell senescence and spontaneous immortalization. AGE 10.1007/s11357-012-9452-4. * corresponding author
- Karen M. Chisholm, Yue Wan, Rui Li, Kelli D. Montgomery, Howard Y. Chang and Robert B. West. (2012) Detection of long non-coding RNA in archival tissue: correlation with polycomb protein expression in primary and metastatic breast carcinoma.PLoS One 2012;7(10):e47998. (Citations: 21)
- Yue Wan, Kun Qu, Michael Kertesz, Zhengqing Ouyang, Jun Li, Robert Tibshirani, Robert C. Nutter, Eran Segal, Howard Y. Chang. (2012) Genome-wide measurement of RNA folding energies. Molecular Cell 48(2):169-81. (Recommended in Faculty 1000. Citations: 33. Impact factor: 15.3)
- Yue Wan, Michael Kertesz, Robert C. Spitale, Eran Segal and Howard Chang. (2011) Understanding the transcriptome through RNA structure. Nature Reviews Genetics 12(9):641-55. (Citations: 80, Impact factor: 41.06)
- Yue Wan and Howard Chang. (2010) HOTAIR: Flight of noncoding RNAs in cancer metastasis. Cell Cycle 9(17):3391-2
- Michael Kertesz*, Yue Wan*, Elad Mazor, John L. Rinn, Robert C. Nutter, Howard Y. Chang, Eran Segal. (2010) Genome-wide Measurement of RNA Secondary Structure in Yeast. Nature467(7311):103-7. * these authors contributed equally. (Recommended in Faculty 1000. Citations: 190. Impact factor: 38.6)
- Miao-Chih Tsai, Ohad Manor, Yue Wan, Nima Mosammaparast, Jordan K. Wong, Fei Lan, Yang Shi, Eran Segal, Howard Y. Chang. (2010) Long noncoding RNA as modular scaffold of histone modification complexes. Science 329(5992):689-93. (Citations: 667, Impact factor: 31.03)
- Yue Wan and Baojie Li. (2007) BCR-ABL in hematopoietic stem cell renewal and chronic myeloid leukemia. Tumorgenesis research advances: 159-177.
- Yue Wan, Kun Qu, Zhengqing Ouyang and Howard Y. Chang. (2015) Genome-wide probing of RNA structures in vitro using nucleases and deep sequencing. Methods in Molecular Biology, 2016;1361:141-60