The Seahorse XFe24 Extracellular Flux Analyzer from Seahorse Bioscience studies the two major energy producing pathways of the cell – mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis simultaneously, in a 24-well microplate format in real-time. The temperature controlled XFe24 Analyzer also features an automated compound addition and mixing function which allows:
1. simultaneous measurement of oxygen consumption rate (OCR) and extracellular acidification rate (ECAR) in all assay wells.
2. rapid detection of cellular responses to substrates, inhibitors, and other perturbants.
3. testing of conditions with the same amount of sample, thus maximizing the value of each experiment.
Our XFe24 Analyzer is also equipped with a XF Prep Station that incorporates a non-CO2 incubator, media warmer, cell washer and media exchanger to deliver fast, meticulous and thorough washing of cells for experiments, thus ensuring consistent assay conditions. Since measurements are non-destructive, cells can be profiled over a period of minutes, hours or days.
Benchtop XFe24 Extracellular Flux Analyzer and Prep Station
Temperature control function
Automated compound addition and mixing
Real-time monitoring and reporting
Consumable cartridges, 24-well microplates and calibration reagents (sold separately)
Experiments can be designed directly on the controller or on a Windows® desktop computer and then imported into the XFe Analyzer
After data collection is complete, a variety of views and charting tools built into the Wave software assist in data interpretation
Available output formats include customizable reports as well as export to Microsoft Excel™
The Seahorse XFe24 Analyzer's unique ability to measure the metabolic phenotype of cells (by simultaneously measuring respiration and glycolysis in real-time), and the shift between the two pathways under pathological states, enables the connection of physiological traits of cells with genomic and proteomic data to generate new insights into numerous areas such as obesity, diabetes, metabolic disorders, cancer, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative function, stem cell biology and toxicology.
For night usage after 8.30 pm, please kindly inform A/P Tang Bor Luen at and Dr Yap Lai Lai at , at least 3 days prior to use.
Rules & Regulations for the usage of BD FACSCantoII Flow Cytometer
Use of machine
1. Please log in your details and usage time in the instrument user logbook located next to the instrument.
2. Please ensure that the Prep Station inlets are placed into the correct solutions and ensure they are properly rinsed and cleaned after use.
3. Please do not shut the instrument down if there is a next user.
4. Please do not save any experimental or data files on the desktop. These should only be stored in the D drive. Please note that regular clearing up of the disk space will be performed at the end of every month, and any data more than 3 months old will be deleted without further notice.
1. The usage of the Seahorse XFe24 Extracellular Flux Analyzer will be charged quarterly according to the following rates: