Adjunct Assistant Professor
|Degree and Institution||Year(s)|
|Ph.D., School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India||2002|
|MSc., Department of Plant Molecular Biology, Delhi University, New Delhi, India||1997|
|B.Sc., Hansraj College, Delhi University, New Delhi, India||1995|
|Position and Institute||Year(s)|
|Principal Investigator, Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences, A*STAR||2013-present|
|Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Virginia, Virginia, USA||2003-2011|
* Epigenetic modulations during early life and its role in onset of metabolic disorders and neurocognition.
* Detection of somatic instability (SVs and CNVs) during foetal growth in utero.
* Non coding RNA and their role in epigenetic editing.
- Karnani, N and Dutta A (2011). Genomic analysis of replication in human cells on activation of intra-S-phase checkpoint. Genes & Development, 25:621-33.
- Karnani, N., Taylor, C., Malhotra, A. and Dutta, A (2010). Genomic study of replication initiation in human chromosomes reveals the influence of transcription regulation and chromatin structure on origin selection. Mol Biol Cell, 21:393-40.
- Karnani, N., Taylor, C. and Dutta, A. (2009) Microarray analysis of DNA replication timing. Methods Mol Biol. 556,191-203.
- Karnani, N., Taylor, C., Malhotra, A. and Dutta, A. (2007) Pan-S replication patterns and chromosomal domains defined by genome-tiling arrays of ENCODE genomic areas. Genome Res. 17, 865-76.
- ENCODE Project Consortium, Birney E, Stamatoyannopoulos JA, Dutta A, Guigó R, Gingeras TR, Margulies EH, Weng Z, Snyder M, Dermitzakis ET, Thurman RE, Kuehn MS, Taylor CM, Neph S, Koch CM, Asthana S, Malhotra A, Adzhubei I, Greenbaum JA, Andrews RM, Flicek P, Boyle PJ, Cao H, Carter NP, Clelland GK, Davis S, Day N, Dhami P, Dillon SC, Dorschner MO, Fiegler H, Giresi PG, Goldy J, Hawrylycz M, Haydock A, Humbert R, James KD, Johnson BE, Johnson EM, Frum TT, Rosenzweig ER, Karnani N, ………………………………, P, Luna R, et al. (2007) Identification and analysis of functional elements in 1% of the human genome by the ENCODE pilot project. Nature. 447,799-816 (contributed the DNA replication timing data).