Kam Man HUI
Honorary Joint Professor
+65 6436 8337
Adjunct Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
Head, Cellular & Molecular Research, National Cancer Centre Singapore.
Research InterestGene Therapy and the Immunotherapy of Cancer
- Targeting and eradicating human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells in vivo with bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cells transduced with oncolytic measles virus.
- Eradicating human HCC cells in vivo with plants-derived steroids.
- Developing metastatic human HCC xenograft in mouse model.
- Targeting RACGAP1 by shRNA in human HCC to decipher its molecular role in HCC progression and metastasis.
- Development of an integrated large-scale gene expression database for hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Identification of Biomarkers in peripheral blood of HCC patients.
- Isolation of Circulation tumor cells in peripheral blood of HCC patients.
- Functional characterization of miRNA in human HCC.
- A microarray study to characterize the molecular mechanism of TIMP-3-mediated tumor rejection. Paula Lam, Kah Sian Lim, Suk Mei Wang, Kam M Hui. Molecular Therapy 2005; 12: 144-152.
- Intramuscular immunization with plasmid coexpressing tumour antigen and Flt-3L results in potent tumour regression. CL Choy, C-L Mok, KM Hui. Gene Therapy 2006; 13(3): 245-256.
- p16INK4A-silencing augments DNA damage-induced apoptosis in cervical cancer cells. Lau, Wen Min; Ho, Tew Hong; Hui, Kam M. Oncogene 2007; 26: 6050-6060.
- Identification and validation of a novel gene signature associated with the recurrence of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Suk Mei Wang, London Lucien PJ Ooi, and Kam M Hui. Clin. Cancer Res. 2007; 13(21): 6275-6283.
- Identification of unique and common low abundance tumor-specific transcripts by suppression subtractive hybridization and oligonucleotide probe array analysis. Hao-Bing Liu, Hai-Qing Gong, Naveen Ramalingam, Yu Jiang, Chang-Chun Dai, and Kam M. Hui. Oncogene 2007; 27: 4128-4136.
- Phenotypic and functional alterations of Vϒ2Vδ2 T cell subsets in patients with active nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Kia-Joo Puan, John Seng Hooi Low, Terence Wee Kiat Tan, Joseph Tien Seng Wee, Eng Huat Tan, Kam Weng Fong, Eu Tiong Chua, Chenggang Jin, José-Luis Giner, Craig T Morita, Christopher Hood Keng Goh, and Kam M Hui. Cancer Immunol. Immunother. 2009 Jul; 58: 1095-1107.
- Characterization of the recognition and functional heterogeneity exhibited by cytokine-induced killer cell subsets against acute myeloid leukaemia target cell. Linn YC, Lau SK, Liu BH, Ng LH, Yong HX and Hui KM. Immunology 2009; 126: 423-435.
- Suppression of Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 3 Activation by Butein Inhibits Growth of Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma in vivo. Peramaiyan Rajendran, Tina H Ong, Chen Luxi, Feng Li, Muthu K Shamugam, Shireen Vali, Taher Abbasi, Shweta Kapoor, Ashish Sharma, Alan Prem Kumar, Kam M Hui, Gautam Sethi. Clinical Cancer Research (Joint corresponding authors). 2011; 17: 1425-1439, 2011.
- Up-regulation of Rac GTPase activating protein 1 is significantly associated with the early recurrence of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Wang SM, Ooi LL, Hui KM. Clin Cancer Res. 2011. 17(19):6040-51.