Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
Supervisor, NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS).
|Degree and Institution||Year(s)|
|M.D. Humboldt University Berlin||1996|
|Position and Institute||Year(s)|
|Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS||2013 – present|
|Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS||2007 – 2013|
|Assistant Professor, Wolfson Digestive Diseases Centre, University of Nottingham, UK||2003 – 2007|
|Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, University College London, UK||2001 – 2003|
|Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Neurology Centre of Excellence in Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, UK||2000 – 2001|
|Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Division of Endocrinology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, USA||1998 – 2000|
|Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Departments of Genetics and Laboratory Medicine, Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA||1996 – 1998|
* Cellular signaling and energy metabolism
* Cellular stress response
* Novel therapeutic approaches for obesity and cancer
- SY Hong, LT Ng, LF Ng, T Inoue, NS Tolwinski, T Hagen, J Gruber. The Role of Mitochondrial Non-Enzymatic Protein Acylation in Ageing. PLoS One 11:e0168752 (2016)
- SY Hong, FX Yu, Y Luo, T Hagen. Oncogenic activation of the PI3K/Akt pathway promotes cellular glucose uptake by downregulating the expression of thioredoxin-interacting protein. Cell. Signal. 28:377-83 (2016)
- CY Tan, T Hagen. Post-translational regulation of mTOR complex 1 in hypoxia and reoxygenation.Cell Signal 25:1235-44 (2013).
- SY Hong, T Hagen. Multiple myeloma Leu167Ile (c.499C>A) mutation prevents XBP1 mRNA splicing. Br J Haematol 161:898-901 (2013).
- CY Tan, T Hagen. mTORC1 Dependent Regulation of REDD1 Protein Stability. PLoS One 8:e63970 (2013).
- L Cordero-Espinoza, T Hagen. Increased concentrations of Fructose-2,6-bisphosphate contribute to the Warburg effect in PTEN-deficient cells. J Biol Chem 288:36020-8 (2013).