Hoon Eng KHOO
Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
Director, Office of Executive Vice President (Academic Affairs), Yale-NUS College.
* Potential therapeutics from venoms and toxins.
* Role of nitric oxide in liver diseases.
* Medical education.
- Amin, Z, Chong, Y.S. and Khoo, H.E. Practical Guide to Medical Student Assessment. World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2006.
- Goh, B.J., Tan, B.T., Hon, W.M. Lee, K.H. and Khoo, H.E. (2006) Nitric oxide synthase and heme oxygenase expression in human cirrhosis. World Journal of Gastroenterology 12:588-94.
- Wang, YW, Yap, LL, Chua KL and Khoo, HE. (2008) A multigene family of Heteractis magnificalysins (HMgs), Toxicon 51: 1374-1382.
- Koh GCH, Khoo, HE, Wong ML, Koh, D.(2008) The effects of problem-based learning during medical school on physician competency: a systematic review. CMAJ 178:34-41.
- Amin, Z and Khoo, H.E. Basics in Medical Education (2nd Edition). World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2008.
- Amin, Z. Tani, M, Khoo, H.E, Samarasekara DD, Chan, YH (2009) Motivation, Study Habits, and Expectations of Medical Students in Singapore", Medical Teacher. 31(12):e560-e569