The Seahorse XFe24 Extracellular Flux Analyzer from Seahorse Bioscience studies the two major energy producing pathways of the cell – mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis simultaneously, in a 24-well microplate format in real-time. The temperature controlled XFe24 Analyzer also features an automated compound addition and mixing function which allows:
1. simultaneous measurement of oxygen consumption rate (OCR) and extracellular acidification rate (ECAR) in all assay wells.
2. rapid detection of cellular responses to substrates, inhibitors, and other perturbants.
3. testing of conditions with the same amount of sample, thus maximizing the value of each experiment.
Our XFe24 Analyzer is also equipped with a XF Prep Station that incorporates a non-CO2 incubator, media warmer, cell washer and media exchanger to deliver fast, meticulous and thorough washing of cells for experiments, thus ensuring consistent assay conditions. Since measurements are non-destructive, cells can be profiled over a period of minutes, hours or days.
Operating Hours: Monday – Sunday, 8.30 am – 8.30 pm daily.
For night usage after 8.30 pm, please kindly inform A/P Tang Bor Luen at and Dr Yap Lai Lai at , at least 3 days prior to use.
Use of machine
1. Please log in your details and usage time in the instrument user logbook located next to the instrument.
2. Please ensure that the Prep Station inlets are placed into the correct solutions and ensure they are properly rinsed and cleaned after use.
3. Please do not shut the instrument down if there is a next user.
4. Please do not save any experimental or data files on the desktop. These should only be stored in the D drive. Please note that regular clearing up of the disk space will be performed at the end of every month, and any data more than 3 months old will be deleted without further notice.
1. The usage of the Seahorse XFe24 Extracellular Flux Analyzer will be charged quarterly according to the following rates:
|Department of Biochemistry||S$10.00|
|Other NUHS users||S$25.00|
|Non NUS users||S$50.00|
|PI-in-charge||Core Facilities Manager||Address|
A/P Tang Bor Luen
+65 6516 1040
Dr. Yap Lai Lai
+65 6516 8891
Department of Biochemistry
Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
National University of Singapore
8 Medical Drive