Research Grants Awarded
I) AS PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
- Ministry of Education Tier 2 Grant - MOE2016-T2-2-007 - Reversible Control of WBP2 Oncogene by Tumor Suppressors in breast cancer. $560,426 for 2017 to 2020
- National Medical Research Council (NMRC) – Cooperative Basic Research Grant (CBRG) NMRC/CBRG/0033/2013 – TRPV4 Calcium Permeable Channel, A Novel Breast Cancer Metastasis Effecter. $906,400 for 2014 to 2017
- National Medical Research Council (NMRC) – Cooperative Basic Research Grant – Novel Drug Targets for Gastric Cancer Therapy. $1,167,750 for 2012 to 2015.
- A*STAR Biomedical Research Council (BMRC) 10/1/21/19/657. WBP2, a novel breast cancer oncogene & candidate for targeted therapeutics? $750,000 for 2011 to 2014.
- A*STAR Exploit Technologies F09/X/037_c. DNA Aptamer Diagnostics for Cancer and Disease. $933,000 for 2010 to 2013.
- A*STAR Biomedical Research Council (BMRC) 07/1/21/19/526. Novel Tyrosine Kinase Substrates of Oncogenic EGFR Signaling. S$600, 000 for 2008 to 2010.
- A*STAR Biomedical Research Council (BMRC) 06/1/21/19/468. Molecular Changes During Breast Cancer Progression. S$666, 000 for 2007 to 2010.
- A*STAR Singapore Cancer Syndicate (SCS) BU0043. Multi-center PEPTidomics IniTiativE (PEPTITE) and biomarkers for predicting response in target-directed cancer therapeutics. S$1,900,000 for 2006 - 2010.
- A*STAR Biomedical Research Council (BMRC) 04/1/21/19/368. Phosphoproteomic fingerprinting and identification of activated tyrosine kinases and substrates in laser-captured microdissection-purified human breast cancer epithelial cells as potential molecular markers. S$816,500 for 2005 to 2008.
II) AS CO-INVESTIGATOR
- National Medical Research Council (NMRC), Clinical Scientist Award - MH 95:03/1-7. Co-I with Tai E-Shyong – Understanding ethnic differences in insulin resistance and obesity dependent/independent pathways leading to insulin resistance by studying substrates involved in insulin signaling in human myoblasts. $1,749,224.21 for 2015 – 2020.
- MOE Tier 1. Co-I with Chua Kim Lee - The role of DNA damage in the rapid development of multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii. $150,000 for 2014 to 2016
- National Medical Research Council (NMRC), New Investigator Grant (NIG). Co-Investigator with Ng Chin Hin - To identify biomarker in the plasma of a newly diagnosed Acute Myeloid Leukemia that correlates with leukemic stem cell load in the marrow at diagnosis. $181,000 for 2012 to 2015.
- National Medical Research Council (NMRC), New Investigator Grant (NIG). Co-Investigator with Dr Anand Jeyasekharan - Development of Biomarkers for Contrast Enhanced Endoscopy in Gastric Cancer. $200,000 for 2012 to 2015.
- National Medical Research Council (NMRC), Cooperative Basic Research Grant (CBRG)/New Investigator Grant (NIG). Co-Investigator with A/Ps Louis Tong and Vinay Tergaonkar - A human ocular surface disease constituted in mouse, from molecular targets to priming of human pterygium derived cells. $196,457 for 2012 to 2015.
- National Medical Research Council (NMRC) -Translational and Clinical Program (TCR) – NMRC/TCR/001/2007. Co-investigator with Professor Yeoh Khay Guan along with 18 other co-investigators. - Singapore Gastric Cancer Consortium - Improving Outcomes for Our Patients. $25 million for 2007 to 2012. ($1.68 million is managed directly by Lim Yoon Pin).
- Academic Research Fund (NUS). Co-PI with Dr Chong Poh Kuan. Mouse Model for Biomarker Discovery in Gastric Cancer for Early Detection. $173,000 for 2008-2010.
- A*STAR Singapore Cancer Syndicate (SCS) BU0063. Co-PI with Professor Hew Choy Leong. Oncoproteomics in gastric cancer biomarker discovery. S$571,667 for 2005-2008. (Sum indicated is managed independently by Lim Yoon Pin).
- A*STAR Singapore Cancer Syndicate (SCS). Co-Investigator with Professors Patrick Tan and Malcolm Paterson. Fine scale mapping of cancer markers using comparative genome hybridization (CGH). S$320,000 for 2004.