Adjunct Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
Executive Director, Institute of Medical Biology, A*STAR.
Honorary Consultant, National Skin Centre, Singapore.
Adjunct Professor, Karolinska Institute, Sweden.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Pathology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
Principal Investigator, Institute of Medical Biology/ Centre for Molecular Medicine, A*STAR.
Cox Professor of Anatomy & Cell Biology, University of Dundee, UK.
Director, CRC Cell Structure Research Group, Cancer Research Campaign Laboratories (now CRUK), UK.
|Degree and Institution||Year(s)|
|PhD, Dept. of Zoology & Comparative Anatomy, University College, UK||1976|
|B.Sc (HONS), Dept. of Zoology & Comparative Anatomy, University College, UK||1972|
|Withington Girls’ School, Manchester, UK||1962-1969|
|Position and Institute||Year(s)|
|Honorary Consultant, National Skin Centre, Singapore||2008-Present|
|Executive Director, Institute of Medical Biology, A*STAR||2007-present|
|Adjunct Professor, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm||2007-present|
|Adjunct Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS||2005-present|
|Adjunct Professor, Department of Pathology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS||2005-present|
|Executive Director, Centre for Molecular Medicine, Singapore||2006-2007|
|Cox Professor of Anatomy & Cell Biology, Dept. of Anatomy & Physiology (now College of Life Sciences), University of Dundee, UK||1991–present|
|Director, CRC Cell Structure Research Group, Cancer Research Campaign (now CRUK) Laboratories, UK||1991–present|
|University Senior Research Fellow, Dept. of Biochemistry (now College of Life Sciences), University of Dundee, UK||1990–1991|
|ICRF Senior Scientist/ Head of Cell Structure Lab, Imperial Cancer Research Fund (now CRUK), UK||1980–1990|
|Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Cold Spring Harbor, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, USA||1978–1980|
|Post-doctoral Research Assistant, Dept. of Zoology, University College London, UK||1977–1978|
|Post-doctoral Research Assistant, Dept. of Biochemistry, Imperial College of Science and Technology, UK||1975–1977|
Epithelial biology, skin biology, epidermal stem cells. Cytoskeleton, intermediate filaments (nanofilaments), keratins. Skin cancer, genetic skin disorders. Cell migration, wound healing, mechanobiology of epithelial cells.
- Liovic M, Mogensen MM, Prescott AR and Lane EB (2003). Observation of keratin particles showing fast bidirectional movement colocalised with microtubules. J Cell Sci 116: 1417-1427.
- D'Alessandro M, Morley SM, Ogden P, Liovic M, Porter R and Lane EB (2004). Functional improvement of mutant keratin cells on addition of desmin: an alternative approach to gene therapy for dominant diseases. Gene Therapy 11: 1290-1295.
- Russell D, Andrews PD, James J and Lane EB (2004). Mechanical stress induces profound remodelling of keratin filaments and cell junctions in epidermolysis bullosa simplex keratinocytes. J Cell Sci 117 5233-5243.
- Owens DW, Wilson NJ, Hill AJM, Rugg EL, Porter RM, Hutcheson AM, Quinlan RA, van Heel D, Parkes , Jewell DP, Campbell SS, Ghosh S, Satsangi J and Lane EB (2004). Human keratin 8 mutations that disturb filament assembly observed in inflammatory bowel disease patients. J Cell Sci 117: 1989-1999.
- Szeverenyi I, Cassidy AJ, Chung CW, Lee BT, Common JE, Ogg SC, Chen H, Sim SY, Goh WL, Ng KW, Simpson JA, Chee LL, Eng GH, Li B, Lunny DP, Chuon D, Venkatesh A, Khoo KH, McLean WHI, Lim YP and Lane EB (2008) The Human Intermediate Filament Database: comprehensive information on a gene family involved in many human diseases. Human Mutation 29: 351-60.
- Chen H, Toh TKL, Szeverenyi I, Ong RTH, Theng CTS, McLean WHI, Seielstad MT and Lane EB (2009). Association of skin barrier genes within the PSORS4 locus is enriched in Singaporean Chinese with early-onset psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol 129 (3): 606-614. Epub Sept 11th 2008.