Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
|Degree and Institution||Year(s)|
|Masters in Research, Education and Social Research, Institute of Education, University College London, UoL||2012-2015|
|University of Vienna, Austria, PhD (Medical Biochemistry)||1995-1999|
|National University of Singapore, BSc, Hons (Microbiology)||1990-1994|
|Position and Institute||Year(s)|
|Biology Scholars Program, National Science Foundation/American Society for Microbiology, USA||2014-present|
|Assistant Professor, NIE, NTU||2001-2003|
|Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore||1998-2001|
Foong May’s research laboratory focuses on:
* Exit from Mitosis
* Spindle dynamics
* Fungal pathogensis
- Chin, CF, Tan, K, Onishi, M, Chew, YY, Augustine, B, Lee, WR and Yeong FM. Timely endocytosis of cytokinetic enzymes prevents premature spindle breakage during mitotic exit. PLOS Genetics 2016 Jul 22;12(7):e1006195. doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1006195.
- Yeong, FM. Use of Constructed-response Questions to Support Learning of Cell Biology during Lectures. J Microbiol Biol Educ. 2015 May 1;16(1):87-9. doi: 10.1128/jmbe.v16i1.890.
- Chew, Y. Y., Chin, C. F., & Yeong, FM. Simulating an investigative study of clinical cancer samples: use of tissue slides and PCR-based promoter-hypermethylation analysis. Biochem Mol Biol Educ. 2015 Jan-Feb;43(1):39-46. doi: 10.1002/bmb.20835.
- Yeong FM. Using Primary Literature in an Undergraduate Assignment: Demonstrating Connections among Cellular Processes. Journal of Biological Education, 2015 49(1): 73-90
- Yeong FM. Multi-step down-regulation of the secretory pathway in mitosis: a fresh perspective on protein trafficking. Bioessays. 2013 May;35(5):462-71. doi: 10.1002/bies.201200144.
- Sanbhnani S, Yeong FM. CHFR: a key checkpoint component implicated in a wide range of cancers. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2012 May;69(10):1669-87. doi: 10.1007/s00018-011-0892-2.
- Chin CF, Bennett AM, Ma WK, Hall MC and Yeong FM. Dependence of Chs2 ER export on dephosphorylation by cytoplasmic Cdc14 ensures that septum formation follows mitosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2012 Jan;23(1):45-58. doi: 10.1091/mbc.
- Chai CC, Teh EM and Yeong FM. Unrestrained spindle elongation during recovery from spindle checkpoint activation in cdc15-2 cells results in mis-segregation of chromosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2010 Jul 15;21(14):2384-98. doi: 10.1091/mbc.E09-07-0637.
- Chin CF, Yeong FM. Safeguarding entry into mitosis: the antephase checkpoint. Mol Cell Biol. 2010 Jan;30(1):22-32. doi: 10.1128/MCB.00687-09.
- Teh EM, Chai CC, and Yeong FM. Retention of Chs2p in the ER requires N-terminal CDK1-phosphorylation sites. Cell Cycle. 2009 Sep 15;8(18):2964-74.
- Zhang G, Kashimshetty R, Ng KEA, Tan HB and Yeong FM. Exit from mitosis triggers Chs2p transport from the endoplasmic reticulum to mother-daughter neck via the secretory pathway in budding yeast. J Cell Biol. 2006 Jul 17;174(2):207-20.
- Yeong FM. Severing all ties between mother and daughter: cell separation in budding yeast. Mol Microbiol. 2005 Mar;55(5):1325-31.
- Yeong, FM, H Hombauer, K S Wendt, T Hirota, I Mudrak, K Mechtler, T Loregger, A Merchler-bauer, K Tanaka, J-M Peters and E Ogris, Identification of a subunit of a novel Kleisin-beta/SMC complex as a potential substrate of protein phosphatase 2A. Curr Biol. 2003 Dec 2;13(23):2058-64.
- Yeong FM, Lim HH, Wang Y, Surana U. Early expressed Clb proteins allow accumulation of mitotic cyclin by inactivating proteolytic machinery during S phase. Mol Cell Biol. 2001 Aug;21(15):5071-81.
- Yeong FM, Lim HH, Padmahree GG, Surana, U. (2000) Exit from mitosis in budding yeast: biphasic inactivation of the Cdc28-Clb2 mitotic kinase and the role of Cdc20. Molecular Cell. 5(3): 501 - 511.