Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
|Degree and Institution||Year(s)|
|Ph. D. in Genetics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA||1999|
|B.S. in Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA||1993|
|Position and Institute||Year(s)||Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore||2009–present|
|Postdoctoral scholar, California Institute of Technology, USA||2000–2006|
|Graduate student, University of Washington, USA||1993–1999|
|Undergraduate research, University of Washington, USA||1992-1993|
I am using C. elegans genetics to address important questions in biology: Major areas of interest include:
- Wnt signaling mediated by RTK receptors Ror and Ryk.
- Function and mechanism of mitochondrial localization.
- Transcriptional regulation by chromatin factors and lncRNAs.
- D. Mok, P.W. Sternberg and T. Inoue. 2015. Morphologically defined sub-stages of C. elegans vulval development in the fourth larval stage. BMC Developmental Biology, 15:26 doi:10.1186/s12861-015-0076-7
- J. Yang, H.T. Fong, Z. Xie, J.W.H. Tan and T. Inoue., 2015. Direct and positive regulation of C. elegans bed-3 by PRDM1/BLIMP1 ortholog BLMP-1. BBA Gene Regulatory Mechanisms, 1849(9):1229-36
- Y. Shen, N.P.W. Low, L.F. Ng, T. Hagen, J. Gruber and T. Inoue., 2016 C. elegans miro-1 mutation reduces the amount of mitochondria and extends life span. PLOS One. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0153233
- W.C. Poh, Y. Shen and T. Inoue, "Function of the Ryk Intracellular Domain in C. elegans Vulval Development". Developmental Dynamics, (2014).
- K.Y. Goh, N.W. Ng, T. Hagen and T. Inoue, "p21-Activated kinase interacts with Wnt signaling to regulate tissue polarity and gene expression". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 109 (2012): 15853.
- T. Inoue and P.W. Sternberg, "C. elegans BED domain transcription factor BED-3 controls lineage-specific cell proliferation during organogenesis". Developmental Biology, 2010
- J.L. Green, T. Inoue and P.W. Sternberg, "Opposing Wnt pathways orient cell polarity during organogenesis". Cell, 134 (2008): 646-656.
- T. Inoue, H.S.Oz, D. Wiland, S. Gharib, D. Deshpande, R.J. Hill, W.S. Katz, and P.W. Sternberg, "C. elegans LIN-18 is a Ryk ortholog and functions in parallel to LIN- 17/Frizzled in Wnt signaling". Cell. 118 (2004): 795-806.