Bor Luen TANG
+65 6516 1040
Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
Deputy Executive Director, NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS).
|Degree and Institution||Year(s)|
|PhD, National University of Singapore||1994|
|MSc, National University of Singapore||1988|
|Position and Institute||Year(s)|
|Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, NUS||2001-present|
|Deputy Executive Director, NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS), NUS||2011-present|
|Research Fellow/Research Associate, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore||1994-2001|
- Small GTPases, SNAREs and cell adhesion molecules and their cellular and physiological roles in CNS neurons and glia.
- Conventional and unconventional membrane trafficking components and mechanisms in bacterial and viral infection.
- Sirtuins in neurodegeneration and aging.
- Lim YS and Tang BL (2015) A novel role for Rab23 in the trafficking of Kif17 to the primary cilia. J Cell Sci. (in press).
- Chua CE and Tang BL (2015) Role of Rab GTPases and their interacting proteins in mediating metabolic signalling and regulation. Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 72: 2289-2304.
- Ng F, Laura W and Tang BL (2015) SIRT1 in the brain-Connections with aging-associated disorders and lifespan. Front Cell Neurosci. 9: 64. doi: 10.3389/fncel.2015.00064.
- Chua CE and Tang BL (2015) The role of the small GTPase Rab31 in cancer. J. Cell Mol. Med. 19: 1-10.
- Chua CE and Tang BL (2014) Rab31 is expressed in Neural Progenitor Cells and plays a role in their differentiation. FEBS Lett. 588: 3186-3194.
- Chua CE and Tang BL (2014) Engagement of the Small GTPase Rab31 and its effector, Early Endosome Antigen 1, is Important for trafficking of ligand-bound Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor from early to late endosome. J. Biol. Chem. 289: 12375-12389.
- Chua CE, Chan SN and Tang BL (2014) Non-cell autonomous or secretory tumor suppression. J. Cell Physiol. 229: 1346-1352.
- Long YC, Tan TM, Inoue T and Tang BL (2014) The biochemistry and cell biology of aging: metabolic regulation through mitochondrial signalling. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 306: E581-591.
- Béguin P, Nagashima K, Mahalakshmi RN Vigot R, Matsunaga A, Miki T, Ng MY, Ng AY, Lim CH, Tay HS, Hwang LA, Firsov D, Tang BL, Inagaki N, Mori Y, Seino S, Launey T, and Hunziker W (2014) BARP suppresses voltage-gated calcium channel activity and Ca2+-evoked exocytosis. J. Cell Biol. 205: 233-249.
- Teng FY and Tang BL (2013) Nogo/RTN4 isoforms and RTN3 expression protect SH-SY5Y cells against multiple death insults. Mol. Cell Biochem. 384: 7-19.
- Ng F and Tang BL (2013) Sirtuins’ modulation of autophagy. J. Cell. Physiol. 228: 2262-2270.
- Chua CE, Lim YS, Lee MG, Tang BL (2012) Non-classical membrane trafficking processes galore. J. Cell Physiol. 227: 3722-3730.
- Chen Y, Hor HH and Tang BL. (2012) AMIGO is expressed in multiple brain cells types and may regulate dendritic growth and neuronal survival. J. Cell Physiol. 227: 2217-2229.
- Gee HY, Roh SH, Tang BL, Kim KH, and Lee MG. (2011) Rescue of ΔF508-CFTR trafficking via a GRASP-dependent unconventional secretion pathway.Cell 146: 746-760.
- Chua CE, Gan BQ and Tang BL (2011) Involvement of members of the Rab family and related small GTPases in autophagosome formation and maturation. Cell Mol. Life Sci. 68: 3349-3358.
- Chua CE and Tang BL (2011) Rabs, SNAREs and α-synuclein-membrane trafficking defects in synucleinopathies. Brain Res. Rev. 67: 268-281.
- Lim YS, Chua CE and Tang BL (2011) Rabs and other small GTPases in ciliary transport. Biol. Cell 103: 209-221.
- Tang BL, Gee HY and Lee MG (2011) The cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR)’s expanding SNARE interactome. Traffic 12: 364-371.
- Tang BL (2011) Sirt1's systemic protective roles and its promise as a target in anti-aging medicine. Trans. Res. 157: 276-284.
- Gee HY, Tang BL, Kim KH and Lee MG (2010) Syntaxin 16 binds to CFTR and regulates its membrane trafficking in epithelial cells. J. Biol. Chem. 285: 35519-35527.
- Meng J, Xia W, Tang J, Tang BL and Liang F (2010) Dephosphorylation dependent inhibitory activity of juxtanodin on filamentous actin disassembly. J. Biol. Chem. 285: 28838-28849.
- Ong YS, Tang BL, Loo LS and Hong W (2010) p125A exists as part of the mammalian Sec13-Sec31 COPII subcomplex to facilitate ER-Golgi transport, J. Cell Biol. 190: 331-345.
- Chen Y, Gan BQ and Tang BL (2010) Syntaxin 16: unravelling cellular physiology through a ubiquitous SNARE molecule. J. Cell. Physiol. 225:326-332.
- Gan BQ and Tang BL (2010) Sirt1’s beneficial roles in neurodegenerative diseases – a CCT connection? Aging Cell 9:924-929.
- Chua CE, Lim YS and Tang BL (2010) Rab35 – a vesicular traffic regulating small GTPase with actin modulating roles, FEBS Lett. 584: 1-6.