Theresa May Chin TAN
Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
Assistant Dean (Academic Affairs), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS.
* Sequence-specific strategies for inhibition of Hepatitis B viral gene expression.
* Role of microRNAs in liver diseases.
* Regulation of expression of sulfotransferases (SULTs).
* Regulation of expression of the multidrug resistance protein (MRP/ABCC) subfamily of transporters.
- Li Y, Tan W, Neo TW, Aung MO, Wasser S, Lim SG, Tan TM. Role of the miR-106b-25 microRNA cluster in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cancer Sci. 2009 Jul;100(7):1234-42.
- Tan EL, Tan TM, Chow V, Poh CL. Inhibition of enterovirus 71 in virus-infected mice by RNA interference. Mol Ther. 2007 Nov;15(11):1931-8.
- TMC Tan, Yang F, Fu H, Raghavendra MS and Lam Y. (2007) Traceless Solid-Phase Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Purine Analogs as Inhibitors of Multidrug Resistance Protein 4. Journal of Combinatorial Chemistry, 9: 210-218.
- TMC Tan, Chen Y, Kong KH, Bai J, Li Y, Lim SG, Ang TH and Lam Y. (2006) Synthesis and the biological evaluation of 2-benzenesulfonylalkyl-5-substituted-sulfanyl-[1,3,4]-oxadiazoles as potential anti-hepatitis B virus agents. Antiviral Res. 71(1):7-14.
- Bai J, Lai L, Yeo H, Goh B and Tan TMC. (2004) Multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4) mediates efflux of bimane-glutathione. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 36(2): 247-257.
- Yang S, Tan TMC, Wee A and Leow CK. (2004) Mitochondrial respiratory function and antioxidant capacity in normal and cirrhotic livers following partial hepatectomy. Cell Mol. Life Sci. 61(2): 220-229.
- Li Y, Wasser S, Lim SG and TMC Tan. (2004) Genome-wide expression profiling of RNA interference of hepatitis B virus replication. Cell Mol. Life Sci. 61(16): 2113-2124.
- Lai L and Tan TMC. (2002) Role of glutathione in the multidrug resistance protein 4 (MRP4/ABCC4) mediated efflux of cAMP and resistance to purine analogs. Biochem. J. 361: 497-503.